What is error code 0x80070652
The same error 0x8007042b, 0x80070057, error 0x80070652 is a frequent error occurred during the Windows operating system update. This error occurs both in Windows 10, Windows 8/ 8.1 and Windows 7. An error message is displayed: “0x80070652 – ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING“. Normally restarting your computer and continuing to install will remove this error. However, if your issue is not resolved, please continue reading our article.
Cause of error 0x80070652
There are many possible causes for error 0x80070652. Windows Update is configured incorrectly, you are trying to download another application while Windows is updating, many Windows installations or updates operate at the same time, your computer is infected with a virus or malware. All the above reasons can cause the error message 0x80070652. In this article we will show some of the main causes of the error 0x80070652 and how to fix them in each case.
How to fix error 0x80070652
Method 1: Download and install the update manually
If the process of automatically updating your Windows operating system fails, try doing it manually. You can select the version of Windows you want to install, then you can choose to install by hard disk, or by ISO file via USB. The latest version is always up to date on the official Microsoft website, for example: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10. There are both full installation and update only, you can choose according to your wishes.
If you do not want to download the latest version of Windows, or the latest Windows update, you just want to install the version of Windows that you just updated encountered error 0x80070652, you can go to the Windows settings, check the information for the update, and download it manually.
- Click the Start button and choose Settings to open Windows Settings.
- Select Update & security Windows Update, recovery, backup on Windows Settings.
- Click Update history to find an update that has failed to install. Click “Failed to install” to view more information. Take down the name of the update.
- Open Google chrome, firefox or other browser and open Microsoft Update Catalog. Type the update name in the Search box and press Enter. Click Download button to download the update.
Method 2: Restore your computer to the time that the error 0x80070652 has not occurred
- Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
- Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
- In the new window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click Next.
- Select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and then click Next.
- Click Next on the confirmation window.
- Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.
Method 3: Scan for viruses and malware on your computer
This is a common cause of the 0xc0000005 error. You can use some common antivirus software to scan and remove them. Some antivirus software recommend that you use: Avira Antivirus 2018, AVG AntiVirus, Avast Antivirus 2018, Kaspersky. The software comes with free and paid versions that fit your needs.