What is error 0x800f0922
When you update your Windows operating system to a newer version, error 0x800f0922 appears. This error causes annoyance to the user and there are no specific Microsoft instructions for fixing it. In this article, we will help you find the cause and fix the error 0x800f0922.
Cause of error 0x800f0922
There are many causes of error 0x800f0922. The most common cause of this error is that the partition space reserved for loading the new system is too low, or the system can not connect to the Windows Update server. In addition, there are many other causes, for example: The process of updating Windows to the new version encountered an error, local error from the application you are using, the application you are using is related to a faulty hardware device, your computer is infected with a virus or malware…
How to fix error 0x800f0922
The recommended fixes for all errors, may be true to error 0x800f0922
Update the latest driver version for your computer
You need to find the latest drivers for your device. You can search for them automatically or manually.
You can search for drivers + device name on Google, or search on the official website of the hardware vendors. If you use a synchronous computer or laptop, you can search for drivers by entering the serial number of the computer on the Microsoft website.
You can use some automated driver search software, example Driver Easy, Driver Booster, Driver Detective…Download software, scan and install the latest drivers.
Install all available Windows updates
Microsoft constantly updates the new version of the Windows operating system. Sometimes a version of the Windows operating system is found to have a lot of errors, but the updated version can then immediately remove these errors completely. So if your computer encounters an error such as 0x8007042b, 0xc004f074 or 0xc00000e9, please check whether the latest version of Microsoft has fixed this error or not.
To check for Windows Updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Press Windows key or click the Start button.
- Type “update” into the search box and hit ENTER.
- The Windows Update dialog box will appear.
- If updates are available, click the Install Updates button
- Restart your computer to finish
Restore your computer to a time that has not occurred any errors
- Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
- Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
- In the new window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click Next.
- Pick a past date when your computer worked without any issues from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and then click Next.
- Click Next on the confirmation window.
- Restarts the computer to finished.
Scan virus and check the connection of the hardware devices to your computer
In case of error 0xc00000e9 occurs during the process of using your computer. Can the cause of the error is that your computer is infected with a virus or malware, or one of your hardware devices is corrupted, or it simply encounters a problem when connecting to your computer.
First, scan your computer for viruses. Some antivirus software recommend that you use: Avira Antivirus 2018, AVG AntiVirus, Avast Antivirus 2018, Kaspersky. The software comes with free and paid versions that fit your needs. After the virus scan, if your errors are not fixed, try disconnecting the external devices to your computer (external hard drive, printer, mouse or keyboard …), then restart your computer. If the error has been fixed, congratulations – if not, try the next solution.
Recommended fixes for error 0x800f0922
Check your internet connection
Internet connection interrupted during update may cause error 0x800f0922. First, make sure your Internet connection is stable. If you are using a 3G device or are using a software to change the IP address, that may result in your internet connection being slow. Please connect the computer directly to the modem, or router, then restart your computer and continue updating your Windows operating system.
Check the .NET framework installation
Fix .NET framework with Windows 10 update failure issue
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard, search “Control Panel”.
- Go to Control Panel then click cursor in the search field and search: “Programs and Features” (Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features).
- Select: turn Windows features on or off link, select the check box to the box next to .Net framework.
- Click OK and proceed with Windows 10 update again.
Extend system reserved partition space
You can try to use some professional partition manager software to extend or add space to the system reserved partition. You may try EaseUS Partition Master Free and use its resize feature to extend the system reserved partition space for fixing error code 0x800F0922 in Windows 10 update.
Turn off Windows Firewall
Sometimes the Windows firewall itself can also block updates
- Go to Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall
- Open Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Turn off Firewall for both private and public networks.
- Save your selection.
After saving your selection, you may try updating your device.