0x8007042b error occurs on Windows 10 operating system, when the system performs automatic updates.
Cause of 0x8007042B error
When the latest Microsoft update came out in April 2018, many people encountered the 0x8007042b error when they updated their operating system (Windows 10).
Error 0x8007042B may be caused by Windows system files. The corrupted system files can cause an adverse effect on the stable operation of your computer at a later stage.
There are many possible causes for system failure. Unfinished install / uninstall, improper application or hardware removal. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware / spyware, shutting down the computer improperly also incurs many similar errors. All of the above actions can lead to the deletion or destruction of entries in the windows system files, it causes the application to not work and informs the error to the computer user.
Microsoft will report “A problem has occurred” and provide error code 0x8007042b via the user-directed dialog. Some senior Microsoft users may know exactly how to fix the problem, but the owner of the computer or tablet will not have an idea.
This specific error was caused precisely because you tried to use the Update Assistant. If you’ve consistently received error code 0x8007042b when trying to update through Update Assistant, it’s time to try another method.
How to fix 0x8007042B error?
There are many ways to fix this, below we’ll show you some of the easiest ways:
- Recommended :Download the latest update from Microsoft that fixes this error completely, You can choose download and install Windows April 10, 2018 Update 1803 via Windows Update or download Windows 10 April 2018 Update 1803 ISO
- Advanced solution (manual update):
– Log in with administrator account after boot, or restart your computer
– Click the Start button, then select All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> then click System Restore.
– In the new window, select the option “Restore my computer to the previous time” and then click Next.
– “On this list, click a restore point,” select the most recent point of the list, and then click Next.
– Click Next.
– Restart the computer after the restore is complete.
- Download software that automatically scans and repairs errors. The software we recommend you to fix 0x8007042b error is Reimageplus
Download and install (0x8007042B) Repair Tool
Click the Scan button
Click Fix All and you’re done!