What is Error code 0x800f081f
.Net FrameWork 3.5 is an application that helps Windows users to run and use specific software. However, some computers as soon as the installation of the .Net FrameWork 3.5 version get the error message “Error: 0x800F081F The source files could not be found”. Especially for those who use Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10 will encounter this error frequently.
Cause of error 0x800f081f
The .NET Framework 3.5 was downloaded from untrustworthy sources, and the Internet connection failed to load, causing the file to fail, some features of Windows is configured incorrectly…All of them can cause error 0x800f081f. In this article we will guide you how to fix in each specific case.
How to fix error 0x800f081f
Method 1: Fix the .Net FrameWork 0x800F081F error quickly
This method has been used by hundreds of thousands of people and is a success, hope you are lucky also.
- First, download this .cab file to: microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab
- Copy the .cab file, paste it into the C:/
- If the message appears, click Continue to continue.
After the paste is done, your C drive will look like the image above.
- Open CMD with Admin, by entering cmd in the search box and right-clicking on the matching result, select Run as administrator.
Open CMD by Admin
- Enter the following command in CMD and press enter:
Dism.exe / online / enable-feature / Featurename: netfx3 / Source: C: \ / LimitAccess
Enter command into CMD and wait for run
- Wait for error 0x800F081F to be fixed, restart and error will disappear when you install .Net FrameWork 3.5.
Method 2: Fix error 0x800F081F when installing .Net FrameWork 3.5 by changing the settings in Windows
- At the desktop, right-click on This PC and select Manage.
- Appears Computer Management interface. In the left menu, click Services and Applications, select Services. Next, we will click on Services to display the list on the right. Find and right-click on Windows Update and select Properties.
- In the Windows Update Properties console, select the General tab. Next, in the Startup type select Automatic. Then press Start> Apply> OK to save the setting.
- In the Windows search bar, type Turn Windows Features on or off and click.
- In the Windows Feature Layout, we click on .Net FrameWork 3.5, select OK for the system to install and fix the error.
After this tutorial, we hope you have successfully overcome error 0x800F081F in the .NET Framework 3.5. You can see how to fix some of the same errors in our previous articles.