What is iphone error 4013
Error 4013 is a very common error in iTunes when you perform an OS update to your MAC OS device. This error occurs on almost all recent Iphone versions such as Iphone X, Iphone 8/8 Plus, Iphone 7 / 7P Plus, Iphone 6/6 Plus and also Iphone 5S. An error message is displayed: “The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).”
Cause of error 4013
“An unknown error occurred”, it means that it is impossible to pinpoint the specific cause of the error 4013. A hardware device error, internet connection error, error during downloading the operating system update, all of them can be the cause of the error 4013.
How to fix error 4013 (recommended)
There are many web sites that will guide you how to fix 4013 errors, however, most of them recommend that you download a third-party software to your phone. This may cause harm to your device if it is downloaded from unsafe sources. We recommend that you use only the methods below:
Method 1# Check the hardware and connections of your device with hardware
- Make sure you use the correct Apple USB cable.
- Try plugging your USB cable into a computer or other phone for testing.
- Try replacing another USB cable, or plug into another USB port on your computer (if you have one).
Method 2# Update or reinstall the latest version of iTunes
If you just want to update:
- Connect your iphone to your computer using a USB cable.
- When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.
- Restart your device.
If the error is not resolved
You need to restore your original settings, but avoid losing your phone data. First, back up all your data. Then:
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Restart your device
Hope this article helps you overcome the problem successfully.